Road & Traffic System is a plugin designed for Unity to allow users to quickly create and simulate small or large dynamic traffic networks for any kind of vehicles via placement of different road pieces and traffic lights.
The system is very customizable with an integrated Unity Editor toolkit. Users have the ability to customize their own road pieces and extend on the base road pieces and traffic lights available to them in the Road & Traffic System.
There are several elements to the Road & Traffic System, let's run through what makes up this system:
- TRAFFIC LIGHT INTERSECTIONS: These are made up of 2 components, the collision trigger where the vehicle is to stop and the traffic light model with appropriate RED, YELLOW and GREEN renderers.
- ROAD PIECE: These are the current base road pieces in the package but it is extremely easy to customise pieces yourself and you can find a video on this in the "Advanced" section. All can be custom rotated, flipped, scaled, positioned and much more. To change the look of each pieces is as easy as editing the texture, done!
( Mouse over the pieces to find out what they are ). All Road Peices are High Detail and Mobile Detail.
- ADVANCED NODE PATHING: Vehicles use dynamic pathing to determine which lane to drive in, whether to change lanes, use offramps, change directions and much more. The Unity Editor Toolkit that comes with this Road & Traffic System makes it easy to generate small, medium or large city traffic right up to major highways!
- VEHICLES: Just drop the Traffic System Vehicle Script onto any object (a cube if you want too) and it will start to navigate around your traffic system, detecting and avoiding other vehicles, determining acceleration and speed to drive at while spinning the wheels at the correct speed, processing traffic light intersections to determine whether to stop or go and even whether there is enough room to traverse to the other side of the intersection! You can even put rear brake lights to show when vechiles are stopping and also front and rear blinkers for turning!
- VEHICLES SPAWNER: You can place as many vehicles aronud in the editor as you want or you can use this handy Vehicle Spawning object that only spawns vehicles when there are not vehicles in the spawn radius. Add different types of vehicles to spawn what you want, when you want.
© 2021 Wired Developments PTY LTD